Images and Information about Sea Slugs from around the world
This is a site for aficionados of nudibranchs and their sea slug relatives, who want more than pretty pictures. At the launch the site is populated with an image of each species sighted on the Sunshine Coast, southern Queensland, Australia by The Sunshine Coast Sea Slug Survey Team.
As the site develops, information, more images and references about each of the species will be added providing a helpful and valuable resource. The many hundreds of Indo-Pacific species, recorded by The Team when overseas, will also be regularly added significantly broadening the resource.
There are three ways to get your hit of Sea Slug knowledge.
- Species Profile features information about specific sea slugs. Navigate, Identify and Learn about species via the lists. Notification of the latest expanded entry will appear below on the Home Page.
- NudiNote features specific topics that can be sourced via its Archive. Notification of the latest entry will appear below on the Home Page.
- Understanding Nudibranchs is a book on general sea slug biology and behaviour that will be posted in parts, as they are completed.
Home to The Sea Slug Survey of the Sunshine Coast
The Sea Slug Snippet
Halgerda batangas Carlson & Hoff, 2000
Oval in shape, high in profile. Ridges on notum with large tubercles at junctions. Additional smaller tubercles on ridges, randomly on notum and around mantle margin. Translucent white with network of fine orange lines. Tubercles orange surrounded by circle of white. Marginal tubercles without white circle. Gills and rhinophores large, translucent white many brown spots.
Marikaban Island Passage, (Anilao), Philippines.
NudiNotes are interesting and informative short articles about sea slugs and their behaviour.
The current NudiNote is displayed above. Click to read more or slide to earlier NudiNotes using the arrows which appear when hovering over the image. Alternatively all the NudiNotes may be accessed via the button on the navigation bar above.
All species sighted have been listed on the website with at least one image. There is an ongoing update process whereby information about each species including references and additional images will be added. As each species is enhanced it will be featured here as a temporary notification of that latest update.
Information about this species has been added to its page with references. Additional images have been added to the gallery.
News and Updates
– SEA SLUG VIDEOS are now being added to the Species Profile pages.
– If relevant to a NudiNote they will be placed into the appropriate one.
– All videos are also archived under SUPPORT on the main menu.